ROI at the ASTRO Annual Meeting
Join ROI at the 2023 ASTRO Annual Meeting in San Diego on October 1-4, 2023.
Add these ROI events to your calendar:
- ROI 5k powered by Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company
- Tuesday, October 3 at 7:00 a.m.
- Registration for the race is required
- Popcorn Pop-Up at the ROI Booth
- Tuesday, October 3 starting at 2:00 p.m.
- Booth is located at the San Diego Convention Center, Hall E Lobby
- Sunday Brunch to Celebrate ROI
- Sunday, October 1 from 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- This is an invite-only event. To learn more, email ROI
ROI BOOTH: Hall E Lobby in the San Diego Convention Center
During your time at the ASTRO Annual Meeting, please stop by the ROI booth to learn more about our recent grant award winners, current grant funding opportunity, donor recognition and to make your annual donation.
- Sunday, October 1: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 2: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 3: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
ROI Research Results at the ASTRO Annual Meeting
ROI is proud to highlight sessions and presentations that share impact from ROI-funded grants and awards.
Sunday, October 1, 2023
4:45 p.m. - SS 06 - DHI 1
- 130: Curietherapy User eXperience Pilot Study: A Novel Augmented Reality Educational Tool during Radiation Oncology Consultation for Patients with Breast Cancer
4:45 p.m. - Poster Q&A 01 - Lung Cancer and DEIH
- 2020: AI-Derived CT Body Composition in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Multicohort Study
Monday, October 2, 2023
10:45 a.m. - Poster Q&A 02 - Central Nervous System and Palliative Care
- 2235: Communicating the External Beam Radiotherapy Experience (CEBRE) Discussion Guides: Real World Implementation and Evaluation
5:00 p.m. - Poster Q&A 04 - Biology and PRO
- 2533: Understanding Treatment Anxiety and Utility of Mixed Media Educational Tools in Radiation Oncology Consultation: A Qualitative Study
Tuesday, October 3, 2023
8:00 a.m. - EDU 16 - Sex, Screening and Savings after Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
- Financial Toxicity Among Survivors of Head and Neck Cancer: The Lasting Costs of Cure and Managing Treatment-Related Toxicities
4:00 p.m. - QP 14 - Patient Safety 1
- 1146: Natural Language Processing Identification of Symptoms in Emergency Department Visits in Patients Receiving Radiation
5:15 p.m. - Poster Q&A 08 - Gynecological Cancer, Pediatric Cancer and Professional Development
- 3165: Pilot Study Assessing Student Interest in Combined Residency Training Pathways with Radiation Oncology
Wednesday, October 4, 2023
10:30 a.m. - Poster Q&A 09 - Head and Neck Cancer and Health Services Research
- 3248: Voxel Based Analysis of Local Dose Patterns on Radiation Induced Xerostomia in Head and Neck Cancer with Machine Learning Methods
- 3290: Feasibility of a Keratin-Based Topical Cream for Radiation Dermatitis in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer: Results of a Randomized Pilot Study
- 3364: Environmental Toxicity of Driving Distance to External Beam Radiotherapy (EBRT) for Head and Neck Cancer Patients