Top 10 Outcomes from 2022
ROI has had an outstanding year, and as the year comes to a close, it’s time to reflect upon the work accomplished. In honor of our new gRADitude campaign, which encourages ROI supporters to give in honor or memory of someone who has made an impact on their career, we are excited to share the top 10 things for which we’re grateful:
- This year ROI crossed the $4 million mark for research funded since we were founded in 2006. To learn more about outcomes from research funded by ROI, visit our Research Outcomes webpage.
- The 361 ASTRO Annual Meeting attendees and exhibitors who registered for the ROI 5k: Run for Research, held on Tuesday, October 25. View photos from the race on our Facebook page.
- Six investigative teams received grants from ROI to advance projects focused on leveraging AI for radiation oncology. Project overviews and research biographies are available on our Meet Our Researchers webpage .
- ROI-funded researchers presented 12 abstracts at the ASTRO Annual Meeting in San Antonio. For a full list of scheduled research presentations, visit our Annual Meeting announcement.
- The 39 volunteers who participate on the ROI Board of Trustees and the ROI Committees. Learn more about our Board of Trustees and Committee leaders.
- This year’s call for research proposals received 33 letters of intent for our current topic, “A New Era of Radiotherapy.” Learn more about funding opportunities on our website.
- Two early career investigators were honored through the ROI Publication Award program. Read about their practice-changing research.
- Three webinars were presented free of charge to residents through the ROI del Regato Fund. To learn more, visit our Webinars webpage.
- More than 6,000 people have connected with us via social media, staying up-to-date on our work. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- More than 3,000 donors have supported ROI, the only charity organization completely dedicated to advancing radiation oncology research. Join our team and make your donation online.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, our work is only possible thanks to the generosity of those in the #RadOnc community who donate to our mission. Every gift received by ROI advances research and education so that patients with cancer can receive high-quality, innovative radiation treatment that enhances their quality of life and ultimately, saves more lives.